Restaurants, Cafes & Wineries
Places To Eat, Drink and Relax:
Mahurangi West is about a 20-minute drive from Orewa or Warkworth and about 10 minutes from Puhoi. We are at the entrance to the Matakana Coast where you will find some of the region’s best wineries and restaurants within easy driving distance.
Please be aware that there is a microwave and fridge in your room at our B&B but there is no kitchen; there are no cooking facilities.
For great wine and sensational lunch platters to share we recommend:
- Ransom Wines – platters are perfection
http://www.ransomwines.co.nz/ – just 10 minutes from the end of the road
For lunch or a relaxed dinner with atmosphere we recommend:
- The Puhoi Pub – 150 years of history and local colour! http://www.puhoinz.com/see-do/eat-drink/puhoi-pub/
- The Bridgehouse – Warkworth: Outstanding food in a local pub in Warkworth – http://www.bridgehouse.co.nz/restaurant.html
- Wharf Street Bistro – Warkworth: Fresh meals, local wine in a friendly comfortable environment.
- Mick’s Cafe – Orewa: Bistro cooking over char coal using single sourced aged cold cut meat & seafood
- Coast Bites & Brews – “Tapa” sized meals in a relaxed, comfortable environment.
- Casablanca – Orewa: inspired by travels all over the Eastern Mediterranean and North Africa
- Matakana Pub: Recently renovated and brought back to life; this is a great place for a dinner & movie meal. http://www.matakana.co.nz
- Leigh Sawmill: micro-brewery, music venue and café restaurant: Wood-fired pizzas and local beers worth the beautiful drive. You should also check out their website for the extremely good array of music and gigs! http://www.sawmillcafe.co.nz/restaurant.html
- Puhoi Valley Café and Cheese Store – you have to try their ice-creams! http://www.puhoivalley.co.nz/index.php/pi_pageid/34
Looking for just that something a bit special:
OBV – stunning views, local wine and food: OBV, Omaha Bay Vineyard, Takatu Road, Matakana
Plume, the Vineyard Restaurant, Sharp Road, Matakana
The Vintry Wine Bar – Matakana, dedicated to local region grown wines
Dinner – Great reviews:
MMK – Matakana Market Kitchen, highly recommended: http://www.matakanamarketkitchen.co.nz/
Casablanca – Orewa: http://casablancacafenz.co.nz/Orewa
Coast: Bites and brews. Local, small batch, hand crafted, flavour fuelled beers, with equally exciting high quality meals. http://www.coastorewa.co.nz/
Out and About:
Walnut Cottage Café – Orewa
Dragonfly Café, Matakana
Ginger Café, Warkworth, best coffee
Quince Café, Warkworth
Rusty Pelican Restaurant & Pizzeria, Matakana